This past New Years Eve was the best one we have had since we became parents. At least in my opinion. We invited 2 other families over for heavy appetizers and hanging out. C was so excited and all day kept asking me "how much longer until my party mommy?". She also was telling us she was going to stay up until midnight. Finally it was time and she was on the lookout for her friends.
Colin and C enjoying some yummy food.
Colin wanted to dress up so he put on C's pink superwoman costume. He looked really cute running around in the pink dress/cape. I was trying to get a picture but he was always on the move!
Snow White had talked the other kids and dads into playing "Old Maid" with her. Halfway through the game all the kids quit and it was just me and the dads playing.
Snow White and Super Woman/Man loving on each other.
After the first family left we tried to get C and C to settle down and watch a movie. This probably lasted all of 2 minutes.
So Jeremy cranked up the music and we had a mini dance party with the kids. I guess Minnie Scott was too cool to dance with us!
Gina and I after we busted some moves.
Finally Gina and her family started to head out. It was close to 9:30. We turned off all the lights in the basement and counted down from 10. Then we all screamed "Happy New year!"" The kids got to shake their glowing noise makers and scream. I thought it was so cute. Gina and Scott helped me carry some stuff upstairs. Gina went to recycle the bottles of wine and then Scott told us to chug them. I laugh because there was probably only half a glass in each bottle but I still could not chug it!!
We let C stay up for a little longer and then sent her to bed. But she asked Jeremy what time it was and he told her midnight. She said "I told you I would stay up until tomorrow! And I am not even tired!" She went right to sleep and slept in until 7:30 the next morning. I think a fun time was had by all the attended. I am thankful that we have found such sweet friends for all of us up here.



1 comment:
So glad you all had a fun night. Love the chugging photo...dont feel bad I can't chug either. :)
Post a Comment